January 2013 Fresh Organic Simple
The holidays have slithered past, New Year's resolutions are fresh in mind, and I sit down to excitedly map out a rough draft for the up and coming year. Big garden plans, addition of specialty and heirloom varieties of flowers, herbs, and medicinal plants. Workshops held on the farm are also in the works, it's going to be a busy year. Design for the organic herb packaging has been a delightful way to keep me busy and productive while the cold winter winds keep on blowing here in central Oklahoma. The lingering autumn temps seem to have just left and I sit plotting plans for the season yet to come. Last winter we bought a hoop house to get a jump start on seeds and germination of the plants we want to focus on in 2013. I'm growing plants I know do well in our rough climate. Xeriscape, native, water wise, low maintenance, open pollinated, Eco friendly! Medicinal herbs will be grown organically and workshops held to educate the community in herbal crafting, home remedy & recipes from the garden. Landscape design incorporating edibles and useful plants into outdoor living areas will be encouraged and blogged about all season with consultation services available. Organic food production focusing on taste and nutrition is a subject dear to my heart and soul. It is a skill I gladly pass on to any willing to listen. I will be discussing nutrition and health of soil and plant life with tips on getting that perfect garden up and running healthy and vigorous, organic. I welcome all feedback and discussion, networking, collaboration!Thanks for reading, I have not blogged since I worked/volunteered for Organics Okc in September but am ready to begin again, fresh and positive for the new year!Have a wonderfully green, & magical day!
~Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment